Self-Evaluation or Commentaries
Our professor wanted us to evaluate ourselves in relation to the American Culture class according to some questions will help her to understand how our performance was in the course.
I think this is a very interesting course; we had to work hard and to make an effort in order to achieve all the goals we had at the beginning of the course. My weaknesses were about time mostly, because I would have loved to have more time to debate all the different topics we went through. My strengths were about understanding all the topics studied in class by my own personal experience. It was easier to me sometimes because I know how different cultures can be, because most of my friends are foreigners and the ethnic background of my family is Italian. So I do know we have to adapt to their culture or try to understand or get into a culture by being respectful and analyzing how interesting the “target” culture can be. That is why we studied the five Cultural Dimensions in which we had to put into practice while teaching our class fifth-teen minutes of a culture whose official language was English.
My performance in the course was participative and I was always interested in knowing more about what the teacher was explaining. The more valuable things I learnt in this course were how culture is not only something specific of a culture, it is part of many things, the one that can be related to or take part into products, persons, perspectives, persons, and communities. I would not try to do anything different from what I have done until today, because I think I have learnt a lot and I really enjoyed the class. Though I could say, I would have loved to have more time when teaching my lesson about Superstitions of the Irish Country, do more activities and interact more with my classmates. It would have been nice to develop more my topic and good enough for practicing my teaching.
I liked a lot the cooperative learning approach, because it is not only responsibility from the student. It has to do with critical thinking and understating our knowledge regarding the subject. We were responsible for leaning what was taught but also helping our classmates or having a general idea of what we all were learning. Consequently, I do not have any suggestion for the course because I founded very productive to my skills and I think it is nice to apply a different perspective when teaching. There were no examinations, but we did have to work hard by our own in regards of the response papers, which I believe it is better because all the responsibility does not has to do 100% with the professor. At the end the result would be about professor and student effort.
LOVED THE COURSE!!! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment