This is my tumbleblog which is addressed to our class American Culture. It will be based on Response Papers that we all have to work on throughout the course.

What do I think about...? - Response Paper 2

What do I think about...?

How do your beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing influence the way
you behave?

I think my beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing have completely influenced the way I behave. They all could be related to my cultural autobiography, because it would be based on my cultural learning experiences throughout my entire life. I do believe it is very important to consider how our parents raised us, the environment that surrounded us, and our personal interests. The way I behave will tell you my general background (the experience of living=my culture).

How does it feel when others see you as different—or as an outsider?

I like that feeling. I think it makes us special and at the same time it is challenging, because you have to deal with different personalities. There are going to be some who do not like to get to know the "new" Costa Rican girl, as well as the ones who are going to be curious to get to know the outsider and his/her culture, like me. I believe is all about beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing of every individual what will make the difference on how you will feel.

How do others' beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing influence the way
they behave?

When talking about others' beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing influence the way they behave, we all have those characteristics as part of our background, good or bad, it still ours. They reflect their experiences on their behavior, so it does not matter what we think of them. Everyone has a specific feature that is part of their personality. What we could do is to learn about their behavior in matters of enrichment to our cultural experiences. We all have a different and special piece of culture (beliefs, values, and cultural upbringing) within ourselves, which we can share with others and influence their own perspective or behavior itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment